Sunday, June 13, 2010

For some crazy reason, I decided to run 13.1 miles. For the SECOND time in my life. Did I not learn my lesson the first time around? Maybe running is like child birth, you forget all of the gory details until you are already committed. Taylor was really supportive of me during my training (he even joined me on 6am runs!) & he and the kids met me twice along the race route.

This picture is take at about mile 10. I gotta say, seeing them across that bridge brought tears to me eyes and really gave me the boost I needed to go on!


On the final stretch. I felt soooooo much better this time compared to two years ago.



It's great to share goals with friends. We each had different goals going into the race and we each blew them to pieces ... WE ROCK!!!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Way to go Carrie!! You do rock.

Amy said...

Carrie! That is really an accomplishment. Congratulations on all your hard work.