Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I love snuggles!


One of my favorite ways to start the day is with snuggles. I'm lucky to have two kids who love to snuggle. Aubrey had gotten older and has other priorities, but Braden still LOVES to snuggle, and I gobble up every bit of it while I can. If we don't get to have snuggle time in the morning, he makes sure we have it as soon as we get back home.

Now that we have early church (okay so it's 9am, but to us that is early!), there is not always time to snuggle before church. A month ago, we went straight to my mom's house after church. On the way, Braden sounding quite distraught said, "MOM! We forgot to snuggle!" Just as the tears were welling up in his eyes, I promised we could struggle as soon as we got to Grandma's house. Luckily my mom gets it ... we walked in, said "hi" and went upstairs to have a good fifteen minutes of snuggle time.

Bedtime snuggles are also quite yummy. It's where we get to talk about the day and plan the next day. Braden will even initiate our convo saying, "So mom, how was your day? Tell me about it!"

Yesterday Aubrey had a tough day at school and was in tears as we worked through things. She was about to head to the kitchen to start homework with hunched shoulders. I asked her if she needed a hug and she ran over and we got in some good huggle time (cross between hugs and snuggles!) She may be growing up, but it makes me so happy to know she still needs her momma sometimes!

Love it, love it, love it!!!