Friday, December 12, 2008

Darth Vader and Storm Troopers

If you have been around Braden lately, then you know that is he obsessed with Star Wars right now! If he had his way he would sit and watch Star Wars all day while playing with his Star Wars figurines, ship and light sabers. You get the idea. So, when I heard that the storm troopers were going to be at Albertsons yesterday for a Toys For Tots promo, I knew we had to go.

I packed Braden in the car and told him we needed to go to the grocery store. As we parked and I went to get him out of the car seat, he spotted Darth Vader standing just in front of the main doors. His eyes squealed with delight as he quickly explained to me what he saw. He couldn't move fast enough to get out of the car. As we walked to meet Darth Vader, Boba Fett came outside as well. Braden gripped my hand tightly as we got closer. Darth Vader was very nice and talked to him for a few minutes. Braden answered his questions, visibly in awe. We decided to go into the store, so we could take a picture with all of the characters (there were at least 6-7). I think it got overwhelming when he saw them all together, because as I tried to get a picture, he started crying and dug his head into my shoulder. Darth Vader tried talking to him again, since they had a connection, but it was too much for him!

We walked to another part of the store, so we could talk away from all of the excitement. I could tell he really wanted to go back, but was overwhelmed. We decided to go around and get a picture with just Darth Vader out front ... he was excited for that. I think he felt out numbered when they were all together. (Afterall, on the movies, aren't they always fighting each other? I bet he must of thought they were going to break off into a war if he stuck around!) I got this picture with Darth Vader and one of the storm troopers ...

Notice how he is biting his lip and watching them veeeery closely! I had no make up on or anything as I was not planning on having my picture taken, but oh well. It was worth it so that he could have this picture now. He loves this and starts talking a mile a minute when he sees it!

No comments: