Monday, November 3, 2008

It's great to be 30!

So Taylor and I celebrated our birthdays (his was the 24th and mine was the 25th). It actually worked out that my Mom was closing on her new house (congrats mom!) so we spent most of Friday and Saturday moving stuff to her new house. That night, she took the kids overnight. After taking some time to clean up, we went out to dinner at Tepanyaki. It was so fun to go out knowing we didn't need to worry about getting home. Then we went to a late movie. It was so weird coming home to an empty house. I don't think Taylor and I have ever been alone in the house overnight. We even went to church on our own! It was great to see the kids again, but we definitely enjoyed the break ... THANKS MOM!!!

Oh, so if you didn't already catch, I am now officially 30. No longer in my 20s. Honestly, it wasn't too big of a deal. I'm the youngest in the family and most of my good friends are either there already or close behind. So, I joked around about it, but hey, you're only as old as you feel ... and I am young at heart!

1 comment:

Marlies said...

I forgot this was a big one for you. I appologize. I do have to say that I love your attitude about it. I know that in a year and a few months I'll be just fine with it. I still don't feel like 28 so how will 30 be any different.